KAPTEN & ADDICT MOBILE: a successful European expansion!
Kapten – formerly Chauffeur Privé – is a French VTC brand created in 2011. Today, it has 3 million users.
Determined to conquer Europe, the brand has rebranded to be able to launch into new territories. Here are a few important figures about the Kapten company:
- + 300 employees;
- 50,000 partner drivers;
- 300K monthly installs in 2019.
To strengthen its expansion strategy, the company has decided to collaborate with Addict Mobile to expand its presence in Europe.
CONTEXT & OBJECTIVES
- Start date: December 2018
- Sources: Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Google, Apple Search Ads, Ad networks, Pinterest
- OS: iOS + Android
- Support Kapten in the opening of new European markets and in its expansion: United Kingdom (London) & Portugal (Lisbon & Porto).
- Generate new downloads with a “first ride” approach.
ADDICT MOBILE ACTION
Addict Mobile’s mission was to maximize volumes to generate more “first rides”. This approach required several actions.
- + 2,400 campaigns launched: we have chosen to launch as many sources and targeting as possible in order to generate high volumes while identifying the most profitable combinations.
- Testing and iterations on the different types of optimization (installs, registrations, first ride) to allow us to achieve the objectives set.
- + 100 unique targeting tested for each city: similar or demographic audiences, targeting by areas of interest related to Kapten’s activity, behavioural audiences and strategic keywords.
- First of all, associate acquisition with retargeting: we have set up both acquisition campaigns to reach new users and re-engagement campaigns to reactivate non-registered users.
- Launch of a “web to app” strategy thanks to the purchase of keywords on the Web to redirect to the store via a dedicated landing page.
- +700 visuals tested: regular production and refreshments of visuals to meet the specificities of each market: language, routes, promotional codes, messages or even the app competitive advantages which change according to the country (price, quality, ethics).
- Thanks to our in-house studio, Addict Mobile has produced more than 700 visuals (stories, banners, squares, vertical layout, search, videos). The dedicated account manager team was thus able to perform many A/B tests to identify the most efficient visuals. This work allowed Kapten to test new concepts and refine its new graphic identity to adapt to mobile phones.
- Volume of installations × 7
- 6 “first riders” per day
- 22% of total first rides come from Addict Mobile campaigns.
- The “first ride” conversion rates of Addict mobile campaigns are similar to those of organic campaigns.
- 124% more registrations since the start.
- In the app store top 1 (Travel category) for the launch in London!